Am I entitled to compensation? Check
If your flight is cancelled or delayed for more than 3 hours or you are denied boarding, you could be entitled to claim compensation. What you are entitled to depends on your flight. Check
This depends on the distance of your flight:
- EUR 250 for flights up to 1,500 km
- EUR 400 for flights between 1,500 km and 3,500 km
- EUR 600 for flights of more than 3,500 km
You are not entitled to compensation for flight delay or cancellation if:
- The delay or cancellation was caused by extraordinary circumstances which are beyond control, e.g. political instability, severe weather conditions that make flying impossible, bird strike, security risk, unanticipated failures that could compromise safety.
- You were notified about cancellation of your flight at least 14 days before departure.
- You were notified about cancellation of your flight 7-14 days before departure, offered a replacement flight less than 2 hours before departure and arrived at your destination up to 4 hours later than your booked flight.
- You were notified about cancellation of your flight less than 7 days before departure, offered a replacement flight less than 1 hour before departure and arrived at your destination up to 2 hours later than your booked flight.
Compensation is payable to the passenger, not the person who pays for the ticket. If the delay happened during your business trip, you are entitled to claim compensation as a passenger.
Delayfix can use other method to pay you, e.g. transfer your compensation to a foreign bank account, send you a remittance or a Western Union money transfer.
Compensation is paid either in PLN or EUR, as you prefer.
The airline refunded me the price of the cancelled flight. Am I still entitled to claim compensation for the cancelled flight?
Yes. Each passenger whose flight is cancelled due to reasons attributable to the airline is entitled to compensation even when the airline refunds them the price of the flight.
My flight was moved to the next day and the airline covered the cost of accommodation and food. Am I still entitled to claim compensation for the delayed flight?
The airline is required to pay the cost of accommodation, food and transport under Regulation (EC) 261/2004 and this does not preclude your entitlement to compensation. The airline cannot reduce the amount of your compensation by the sum of costs paid.
- How do I file a claim with Delayfix? Check
- Can a claim be pursued by two companies at one time?
- Can I file my claim with Delayfix after it has been dismissed by the airline?