- Price List – an integral part of the Terms specifying acceptable currencies, methods of payment and any fees charged by Passenger Rights.
- Cost of the Claim Acquisition – the amount for which Passenger Rights acquires a Claim from the Client.
- Legal Action – an action related to a Claim before a court or a state authority if the carrier, within the meaning of Regulation 261/04, fails to meet a payment request made by Passenger Rights on the date specified in the pre-court proceedings.
- Client – a person who has accepted the Terms
- Flight – air travel organized by an air carrier in connection with which the Client claims a due claim.
- Compensation – lump-sum compensation as specified in the common Regulations of the European Community No 261/04 granted for denied boarding, the cancellation of a flight or a delayed flight. This is the total amount due from the air carrier to the Client resulting from a claim at the pre-litigation stage, from a court decision or a decision of an administrative body, or offered to be paid by the air carrier in the form of a settlement or voluntarily paid by the air carrier based on a request for payment. Compensation does not include other costs, including interest, costs of litigation, costs of representation and enforcement and similar costs, which are due in full, and their payment should be made directly to the account of Passenger Rights.
- Passenger Rights – Passenger Rights S.A., with its headquarters in Warsaw at Aleje Ujazdowskie 22 lok. 5, 00-478 Warsaw, registered in the Register of Business Entities kept by the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw in Warsaw, XII Commercial Division of the National Court Register, under KRS No. 7424800, NIP number: 5213681825 and REGON number: 147493129, having a fully paid-up share capital of 155.820 PLN.
- Claim – the Client’s to demand to an air carrier for the payment of Compensation in accordance with national, Community and international regulations regarding passenger rights.
- Air Carrier – a Member State carrier departing from an airport located within the territory of a Member State or departing from a third country to a Member State, as well as a carrier which is not a Community carrier, but which operates from a Member State to a third country and which holds a valid operating license, executing or intending to perform a flight in accordance with a contract concluded with a passenger.
- Regulation 261/04 – EC Regulation No. 261/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 February 2004 establishing common rules on compensation and assistance to passengers in the event of denied boarding or the cancellation or long delay of flights, and repealing EEC regulation No. 295/91.
- Agreement – a mutual agreement between the Client and Passenger Rights concluded upon the acceptance of the Terms by the Client. The Agreement shall concern the Compensation claim by Passenger Rights pursuant to which an Assignment of Claims Agreement is concluded.
- Assignment of Claims Agreement – an agreement regarding the transfer of the Client’s claim against an air carrier to Passenger Rights.
- Terms and Conditions – the terms and conditions specifying the content of the Agreement, concluded by Passenger Rights with the Client, the principles of the Assignment of Claims Agreement, as well as issues governing the use of the internet portals opoznionysamolot.pl and delayfix.com.
- Receivables – an obligation due to the Client in the form Compensation for a delay/cancellation of a flight pursuant to Regulation 261/04, in connection with the ruling of the European Court of Justice in joined cases C-402/07 and C-432/07.